Selecting a plastic surgeon for your procedure can be a daunting task, and you may not be sure where to start. Don’t get stuck with an underqualified or completely unqualified surgeon and risk unsatisfactory or harmful outcomes. At The Wall Center, we see plastic surgery patients not only from the Ark-La-Tex, but from all around the world. All of these patients have one thing in common: They’ve done their research before selecting their surgeon. If you’re just beginning your own process, take a look at our tips for choosing your partner in beauty.
Qualities to Look for When Selecting a Plastic Surgeon
- Board certification: This is probably the most basic qualification to look for and should narrow down your options quite a bit. Your surgeon should be certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, which is a third-party medical organization that only admits surgeons after they’ve successfully completed 5-8 years of progressive plastic surgical training and passed rigorous written and oral board exams.
- Specific experience: Your surgeon’s experience is important, and they should offer proven experience with the procedure you’re interested in. Many plastic surgeons are “general plastic surgeons,” while others focus on a specific procedure or area of the body. Take a close look at your doctor’s credentials.
- Accredited operating facility: Whether the surgeon operates in an ambulatory surgery center, an on-site surgical suite, or a hospital, the facility should be state licensed, Medicare certified, and AAAASF-accredited, ensuring it meets the most current safety standards.
- How you feel: Sometimes, the best indications of a good match are intangible. Pay attention to how you feel during your visit. Is the office staff knowledgeable and warm? Are you greeted and seen in a punctual manner? Does the surgeon listen to your questions and answer them fully and accurately? Does the office setting make you feel welcome and comfortable?
What Sets The Wall Center Apart
- We’re all board-certified plastic surgeons: All 3 surgeons at The Wall Center are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- More than 80 years of combined experience: Our team offers extensive experience in aesthetic procedures of the face, breast, buttock, and body, making our practice one of the premier choices in the country. We bring particular expertise in breast enhancement, body contouring, and buttock shaping procedures. Additionally, Dr. Simeon Wall Jr. is an international authority in aesthetic breast, body, and buttock surgery, having performed over 500 lectures, courses, and live surgeries across 6 continents teaching other plastic surgeons.
- Large before-and-after gallery: Our website features hundreds of before-and-after photos of our actual patients. You can sort the photos by the surgeon who performed the procedure, or simply browse through them as you wish. When you view the photos, pay special attention to the “befores” that look like you. This can help you understand the results that are actually possible.
- Fantastic reviews: Whether your preferred review platform is Yelp, RealSelf, RealPatientRatings, or something else, you’ll find great reviews of our practice. We love hearing from happy patients.
- On the leading edge: All 3 surgeons, as well as our medical staff, strive to stay on the leading edge of aesthetic surgery and medicine. In addition to implementing innovative techniques from around the world, we’ve also developed some of our own—most notably SAFELipo®, Expansion Vibration Lipofilling (EVL), and SAFELipo BBL™.