Circumferential Trunk SAFELipo Aftercare Instructions
Proper Foam & Garment Placement Intro
It is so important to have your foam in the proper position to ensure that you get the maximum results from the surgery. In the days following surgery, your skin is very prone to wrinkling. Foam placement is essential to prevent wrinkles and skin creases.
Putting on Your Black Garment and Foam
- Let’s make sure your bulb drains are collapsed and suctioning properly.
- You will see the bulb expand. Once it is about half-way full, empty it out and record your drainage output.
- Compress bulb again while placing the cap back on.
- Putting on your black garment, seam should be on outside with smooth side against skin and tag in the front. It will look like it is inside out and backwards.
- Step into garment and pull up to thighs.
- Unclip drain bulbs and place them through the hole in the crotch.
- Pull garment up farther, pull one strap over shoulder, and clip it into place while holding the bulbs.
- Repeat with strap on the opposite side, then clip drains to the top of the black garment.
- With the sides of garment remaining open, grab one of the side pieces of foam and place it in the same position as it was previously (skin smooth, over incision, and for fat grafting – low on back).
- Repeat on the other side.
- Place lower abdominal foam into place. Side pieces may overlap.
- Place upper abdominal foam into place.
- Lastly, place triangle piece at low back, point of triangle at butt crack.
- Now, start inching the garment up doing a couple eye hooks at a time to hold in place and then zip it up.
- Garment can be washed as needed. Let black garment air dry OR if you put it in the dryer DO NOT use heat (it will shrink and be difficult to get in).
We're Worth the Trip
Patients come from all across Ark-La-Tex and around the globe to receive world-class care at The Wall Center for Plastic Surgery and Jade MediSpa. We frequently see patients from many communities:
- Little Rock
- New Orleans
- Lake Charles
- Baton Rouge
Take the first step today and request a consultation or call (318) 795-0801. Ask about our special programs for patients who travel, including our beautiful on-site guest suites. We can't wait to greet you!